Wow! I can’t even believe it’s been 7 years since I left Pennsylvania to come to Miami. In August of 2012, I had moved to Miami and started my college career. After4 years, I graduated and decided to stay here because I knew since I wanted to work in fashion that wouldn’t happen in PA.
Since it’s been 7 years of me living in this wonderful place I thought I’d share with you guys a 7 things I’ve learned about living in Miami:
- 98% of people in Miami know Spanish (I actually learned more Spanish now than I did in high school and college haha.)
- Always carry an umbrella because you never know when it’s going to down pour for 5 minutes.
- South Beach is for the tourists… (so much easier just relaxing at the pool in my apartment complex.)
- No one in Miami knows how to drive!
- Everyone is always late.. It’s called Miami time, people.
- There are so many different types of food that you’re going to want to try them all. (At least, you’ll finally be putting that gym membership to work haha!)
- You won’t ever want to leave!
I am so happy that I am able to call Miami my home. I’ve met so many amazing people, that have turned into friends. I was able to start my fashion blog here and embrace my style! Yes, there have been some downs, but those downs have turned into ups more times than I can count. I know there is still so much more I have yet to experience from Miami and I cannot even wait.